Aussie ShareTrading Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

March the 26th, 2007, Wednesday

The All Ords pushed ahead 37.4 point to close at 5970.5.

BHP Billiton, the world's biggest mining company, powered ahead by 84c to end at $30.04 after completing $3.5 billion of its $10 billion off-market share buyback.

Coles Group Limited reported a net profit after tax increase of 3.5% to $501 million for the 6 months ended 28 January 2007. The company said it was on track to deliver full year earnings of $787 million but anticipated lower. Coles shares were trading 22c higher to $16.22.

Merger fever once again hit the market, Swiss mining giant Xstrata is poised to bid $4 billion for Australian nickel miner LionOre. LionOre is currently in a trading halt, its shares last traded at $17.59.

My trading session:

Many short term investors/traders would have breathed a sigh of relief as BHP finally broke past resistance @ $29.50! I was up in arms cheering the stock!

I sold a partial amount of my stake primarly to fund money from my new powerhouse PC :P! But I bought more at the close as I think the bull has recharged is horns, and is now heading for a test of its all time high @ $32.

I sold off my stake in Origin @ $8.84, which I bought initially @ $8.67. I shouldn't have though.. as oil broke past resistance @ US$62, ORG will probably surge to resistance tomorrow which will annoy me :/, but none the less the profit is a piece of cake rather than a huge pie i'm trying to culminate!

I'm happy with my share performance, i'm holding significant amounts of BHP & ZFX at the moment, ZFX will unleash its 70c dividend on Friday which will be a great way to cap off a good month!

I'm veering my interest into oil stocks though.. I think should the All Ords break past 6000 and resume its rally, with oil bullish, I think oil stocks after almost an 8 month down-cycle + consolidation will pick up and join the party, they're one of the big sectors that have had no rally yet! So i'm keeping an eye on Woodside/Santos/Origin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home