Aussie ShareTrading Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March the 28th, 2007, Wednesday

The All Ords skated downhill by 39 points to close at 5913.3 following a weak lead from the US.

BHP Billiton fell 1% to $29.49, rival Rio Tinto shed 1.1% to $78.30. LionOre added another 1.25% to $20.30 after Swiss giant Xstrata launched a US$4bn takeover for the nickel company yesterday.

WTI Crude Oil surged to almost US$64 a barrel. Woodside Petroleum gained for a 5th day, adding 19c to $39.22, Origin Energy slipped a 1c to $8.74.

My trading day:

So I was sitting in a college lecture - tasking my attention between the shares and the lecturer! I saw the oil price surged and decided to once again try out Origin Energy, I went long on the stock at $8.78 and put a sell order at $8.93 - a modest amount below resistance.


So I closed my laptop and checked my pending orders lists later and wow lol, it surged to $8.98 - which means my order was executed so I was pretty happy! Decided to buy a meatball sandwich in celebration (it was delicious!).

That makes my 11th consecutively successful daytrade in Origin.

BHP/ZFX fell a bit but i'm hardly concerened, just gives me an excuse to buy more! Although I would like to see BHP hold above $29.50 so I don't waste my buys. Oil has gone up for 7 days now and really its due for a fall, so i'll be looking to short Origin tomorrow - I don't want to take a risk on Woodside because its intra day moves are just too awkward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home