Aussie ShareTrading Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

March the 29th, 2007, Thursday

The All Ords in defied a blood-trailed lead from Wall Street, gaining 32.40 points to 5945.70.

Four of the big five posted on modest gains with ANZ stepping up 51c to $29.85, NAB put 3c to $40.15. Financial heavyweight Perpetual Limited added $1.38 to close at $77.50.
BHP Billiton recovered from early morning losses to post 33c to $29.85, rival Rio Tinto suffered 12c lower to $78.18. LionOre was digesting its huge gains after Swiss giant Xtrata proposed a US$4bn takeover.

Origin had a strong day - pushing ahead 15c to $8.89, Woodside gained 33c to $39.55, posting its 6th straight gain.

My trading day:

Another great trading day!

I was on my way to the college but stopped at the ASX because I had no idea what happened to the Dow and such - a good friend there told me the Dow was down but oil surged to almost $68 for a moment last night.. not sure if its true but I hold this person in high regard.

Anyway he told me that the futures of Asian markets were pointing higher and that we would follow them, which is generally true and the All Ords did start recovering rather quickly. So I tagged along once again into Origin Energy - at $8.78, and I also bought Perpetual at $76.30 because I believe that its uptrend is secure and its due for a rise and boy were they some smashing calls!

Origin surged yet again to resistance @ $8.98 - I was waiting to see if it would break it but it bounced down to $8.92 so I just sold it off, happy with my profits. Pepertual kept surging to $77.50! I'm happy with that, i'm going to hold onto it for a couple of more days.

TOMORROW IS ZINIFEX'S CHUNKY 70C DIVIDEND!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home