Aussie ShareTrading Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 10, Tuesday, 2007

Another stellar rally drove the All Ords up 75.10 points to 6139.10, a new record. Surging metal prices, a takeover bid rise by Cemex for Rinker, and less woes in the US economies helped.

BHP Billiton, the world's biggest miner, gave a lackluster performance, up 15c to $30.48 after it's proposal to build an LNG terminal in California was thwarted by the States Land Commission. Rival Rio Tinto seared up $1.45 to $81.78.

Oxiana continued a good run, up 6c to $3.19, Zinc prices surged to their daily limit of 6.5% - Zinifex was up 38c to $16.09.

Other highlights include Macquarie Bank, surging $2.51 to $87.01 and stealing the show from CSL to become the first $100 share, CSL steadied up 9c to $85.99, Perpetual advanced $1.55 to $81.70.

My trading day:

Its holidays so I was hoping to test some more trading strategies out - ofcourse I wasn't going to change how i'd play Origin because its working perfectly. Oil slumped 4% but then advanced, oil stocks seemed to 'meh' it and either advance or remain steady.


I kept trying to buy Origin Energy $8.78 but CMC Markets went el retardo on me today and their trading platform fucked up, costing me money really - coz I wanted to buy Origin - which went up to $8.92 from the price I wanted to buy. So I gave them a piece of my mind through a telephone call anyway.


Dissapointed with BHP's performance but I spse its a good thing that the LNG terminal in California isn't built if its gonna majorly impact the environment, hope BHP's share price isnt too deterred anyway - maybe they can focus on more exploration with that LNG money!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home