Aussie ShareTrading Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

April 03, 2007, Tuesday

The market rallied strongly after a modest Dow lead and a $20bn bid talk for Coles by Wesfarmers and Texan firm Pacific Equity Partners, the All Ords finished 89.40 points up to 5997.60, a whisker off the all-time highs.

BHP Billiton, the world's biggest miner, charged 74c to $30.09, rival Rio Tinto added $1.70 to $78.90, oiler Woodside added 55c to $39.25. Zinifex stayed out of the party today, sobering 26c to $15.06. Zinifex announced a merger smelter yesterday with Belgian giant Umicore to create the world's largest Zinc producer, shares of Umicore finished at $175.00 in US trading.

Financial heavyweight Perpetual surged $3.40 to $79.40, biotech company CSL pounced $2.15 to $83.50, commercial blaster Orica shot up $1.00 to $26.46.

The relaxed media laws take effect tomorrow, West Australian Newspapers readied by advancing 45c to $15.97, whist Fairfax, the topic pick in the likely companies to be taken over, rallied 14c to $5.14.

My trading day:

Like I said I was planning to make no moves because I didn't know how the market would act to the interest thingo tomorrow.. I was thinking that the market would weaken in the afternoon as investors take out money and move it into bonds or something but no!

I was trial trading Orica last week and I bought into it a couple of days ago as it broke past $25.. a zone it seems to just shoot up 60 or so cents from, well it surged $1.00 today and I was pretty happy!

I wish I bought Perpetual/CSL/BHP yesterday but I steadied my hand because like I said: it's an unpredictable environment really!

BHP broke past $30 today on some good strength, if it can hold this level i'm going to buy more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home